COVID-19 UPDATE: October 2021
*We are still not allowing clients in to the building*
We recognize that doors are open for many businesses and vaccine protocols are being implemented but due to the number of staff we have working at any given time, the small space we have to work in together, and for everyone's health and safety we are continuing curbside service only.
The health and safety of our staff, clients and pets continues to be our top priority therefore we have implemented protocols which we are modifying over time. Here is an overview of our current situation:
- Doors are locked even during opening hours so please TEXT when you arrive (or ring the doorbell if you don't have a cell phone) and wait for us to come to you even if the door happens to be unlocked.
- No hugs or handshakes -- just waves, smiles and well-wishes from a 2 metre distance!
- Face masks worn when face to face with you, and we appreciate you showing us the same courtesy.
We offer the following means of communication: TEXT, EMAIL, PHONE. We are trying to reserve our phone lines for communication that requires detailed dialogue and greatly appreciate you using the text option for short messages (such as announcing your arrival outside the clinic) and email for food and medication orders.
APPOINTMENT FLOW IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Text when you arrive outside the clinic. If you don't have a cell phone, then please come to the front door and ring the doorbell.
- A staff member will get some information about your pet from you over the phone (or in person from a 2 metre distance) and then bring your pet into the clinic.
- Exam will be done. You are welcome to observe the appointment through the exam room window. A chair and table are available for your comfort.
- After the exam is completed, we will call you or come out to inform you of findings and recommendations and to answer any questions.
- Approved procedures will be completed.
- Your pet and any products will be brought to your car.
- Payment will be taken.
FOOD & MEDICATION PICK-UP:
We strongly encourage you to use our online VetStore for all non-medication items - home/cottage delivery is available for a small fee. If you prefer clinic pick-up, then please text or call before you arrive so we can make sure everything is ready for you (no need to do this if we have already contacted you to advise that your order is ready). Text us when you arrive in our parking lot and someone will bring your products out. Payments can be taken at the front door. Please contact us if you need any help with using our online store.
Please refrain from coming to the clinic if you:
(1) have traveled outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks
and/or (2) have been in close contact with someone that has COVID or has been exposed to COVID
and/or (3) are experiencing symptoms related to COVID (especially if this involves a fever or coughing)
Take the Ontario self-assessment test by clicking HERE
NOTE: If your pet is sick, we will help you find a way to get them what they need within the current restrictions.
Thank you for being understanding and patient during these difficult times! With your help we're able to remain open to provide continued support to you and your furry family.
NUMBER OF UNEXPECTED DAYS CLOSED SINCE COVID STARTED: ZERO